Authentic Classical Pilates instructors are required to complete rigorous training to ensure the technique is mastered and true to the original form that Joseph Pilates set forth many years ago.
Pre-requisites for Teacher Training
- 50 documented previous private Pilates sessions taken with a Romana Kryzanowska certified instructor. Please refer to www.classicalpilates.net for an instructor list. Please contact us for prior session logs to keep track of your sessions.
- Resume of all Pilates training, as well as other movement training, educational background as well as job experience or teaching experience. Please submit a small photo along with resume.
- A letter of recommendation from a Colleague, your Pilates Studio or Instructor.
- A letter from your Dr. stating that you are in good physical condition, without injury and are able to participate in the program.
- Completion of the written application, medical form, waiver and agreement.
- An in-person assessment will be performed by Dana Santi. This assessment will take 1.5 – 2 hours and will entail a workout observation, an interview and a general evaluation of your knowledge of Pilates and the equipment. Your workout should consist of an intermediate reformer and advanced mat, as well as exercises you have learned on the other equipment. This assessment fee is $150 and is non-refundable regardless of your acceptance or nonacceptance into the program.
I became a teacher because I absolutely believe in this method.